Sunday 30 December 2012

2012 - Reflection time.

First off, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and boxing day! :) 

As we close the lid on 2012, I've been looking back on the things I've been through in the past year. The highs and the lows. The good and the bad. And what it has taught me. Where do I even start? 

Well lets start with the fact that 2012 has made me the strongest I've ever been. It's made me grow as a person, and realise that the people around you are the ones that should make you happy and can be there for you. I had so many learning curves. 

My family had a horrible start to the year. My mum had a cancer scare and the thoughts that go through your mind is unreal. Is your mum going to die? Will she still be able to do this and that? It's horrible, and as a result of this, I became distant from people and started pushing them away. I didn't mean to but that's how I dealt with things. Looking back now, if I didn't have the support of my family, friends and my lovely boyfriend, I don't think I could have coped. The fact that I had to be strong for my mum, I'd let it all out at my boyfriends and I didn't tell his family what was going on. They must of thought I was going mental. Thankfully, she was ok in the end and it was soon sorted. But at the time, I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life. 

2012, wasn't great healthwise for me. I was in and out of hospital, numerous tests, doctors appointments and I think the amount of blood taken from my body this year must be unreal! Unfortunatly this caused me to sink into self pity and I was sometimes terrified to leave the house by myself in case I fell over through my dizzy spells I'd been having. Once again, Andy was my rock and if I didn't have him I would have never gone to the doctors! I'm still in the process of trying to find out what is wrong, but on wards and upwards as they say!

It's not all doom and gloom, but it's fair to say I can't wait to see the end of this year! BUT time for the positves! (Yes I did have SOME!)
Me and Andy got a flat together! Although I haven't officially moved in, I stay there most of the time! And in 2013 I can't wait to move in full time! It's lovely to have a place to call our own and do what we want with it! Shopping trips to Ikea and Asda for the past 3 months have been the most fun ever! And I owe him everything!

We got our little munchkin Alfie. He may be a rabbit but he's part of the family, and yes I did spoil him over chirstmas! He got presents like the rest of us and a special rabbit xmas dinner (Sad I know!). He's my baby and I spoil him rotten! I'm so glad we have him and he loves cuddles!

I left sixth form this year, after completing my A Levels, at one point I was going to give up! I'm so glad I didn't. I've not gone to UNI MY OWN CHOICE i'd like to add. Instead i'm reaching for my dreams of working in PR or Marketing, So far, I've had job interviews in top London companies, no luck in getting a job but it's a start! 

In all, 2012, it's been eventful, leaving my job, got a new one and then went back to my old one. It's been tough, but I've had such a good learning experience! 

I hope 2013 has good times to bring as I'm going to make it mine! :)

Happy New Year All! 

Love, Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts